What is the Courtney View Estates Association?

Any property owner who purchases a home within the Courtney View Estates plat is part of the Associaiton.  The community is located just off Mullen Road in Thurston County.  We have a beautiful neighborhod with tree lined streets in a family friendly community. 

Why do I have to pay Association Fees and what do the fees Cover?

All owners are required to pay Association Fees by the governing documents of the Association. They fund the operation and maintenance of the common property and are used to provide services for the benefit of all owners.

Your Association's fees or "assessments" pay for utility cost such as electric for private street lights, management/accounting services, insurance and landscaping for the common areas. Annual assessment fees also cover general maintenance by contractors, repair and administration costs of the common areas and facilities of the Association.  Homeowners are 100% responsible for all expenses incurred by the Association.  Neither the city nor the county are responsible to maintain improvements in our community. 

How do I pay the Association Fees?

Your check should be made payable to Courtney View Estates Homeownes Association and can be dropped off at our management companies office (there is also a dropbox to the left of the door) or mailed to our post office box as follows: 

Courtney View Estates HOA

PO Box 3766

Lacey, WA  98503

NOTE:  Credit and Debit card payments can be made through the Ammerstone website:  www.Ammerstone.com 


What does the Association do?

The Association is a non-profit corporation managed by a Board of Directors elected by the owners. The Board is responsible for the management of the Association's funds, the enforcement of the CC&R's, and the maintenance of common area property.

What is the Board of Directors?

The board of directors is elected by the homeowners of the community.  The board serves to oversee the business of the association as outlined in the governing documents for the association and in accordance with laws governing Non-Profit Corporations.

What is a Management Company and what do they do?

The management company is engaged by the Board of Directors to provide guidance to the Board, and to implement the Board's decisions or instructions. The management company attends to the day-to-day operation of the Association including collection of assessments, contracting for services, and providing the board with monthly financial statements for the association.

What is the Management Company's role?

The management companies services are specifically outlined in a contract. The management company helps run the day-to-day function of the community and organizes the community for success.  The management company mainly performs bookkeeping and administrative assistant duties for the Board of Directors and community.  The management company does not have the authority to act independently of the Board of Directors decisions.   The managing agent does not make decisions; it implements the decisions of the Board.

What are the Governing Documents?

The "Governing Documents" for your association are the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (or Declaration of Condominium) plus any Rules and Regulations, Resolutions or guidelines that have been established by the board of directors.

Where can I get a  copy of the Governing Documents?

You received a copy at, or prior to, closing on your home. If you need another set, it is available through our website. Your Governing Documents are recorded instruments so they are also available through Thurston County's Records Department.  

What are the CC&R's?

They are the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions that you agreed to when you bought your home. Through this document, you agreed to certain standards of maintenance, upkeep and behavior in order to make the community as attractive as possible for yourself and your neighbors, and to maintain or enhance your property values.

Why do I need to comply with the CC&R's?

When you purchase a home in a Homeowner's Association you automatically agree to comply with the restrictions then in place or that are properly established. This ensures that the integrity of the community is maintained, and that property values do not diminish.  Ownersr who do not comply with these standards are subject to violation fines until compliance is restored.

What can I do if I see a violation of the CC&R's or rules and regulations?

Homeowners are encouraged to become active in their community.  Talking with the resident directly to bring the issue to their ateention encourges complaince.  If this is not successful, you may contact the management office to report violations.  Your continued assistance may be required.

Why do I have to get permission for exterior alterations?

This better ensures that your intended improvement meets your community's standards as set forth in the Governing Documents and avoids the problems that arise from the construction of improvements and the use of colors or styles that conflict with others in your neighborhood.  Owners who make exterior changes without approvalare subject to violation fines and may be required to restore the project to it's "before" look at the property owners expense.

What is the "common area"?

It is the land for the use and enjoyment of the members of the Association. This includes areas that may not be visible to every property owner, but the Association is responsible to maintain.  

What does the Association's Insurance cover?

The Association's insurance includes property and casualty policies for all common area property and equipment. It also includes Liability and Directors & Officers policies that cover Directors, Committee Members and volunteers working on behalf of the Association.